Front page as CMS
I have read along the support forum for a few hours now and I still seem to be a bit confused. Although I am sure such a topic was questioned and answered before I am hoping someone can help me out here.
This is what I am hoping to accomplish:
At the root of the domain, http://www.whatever.com I am looking to display a few sections.
1. On the right under the header NEWS I want to display NEWS headlines with possibly a short paragraph and a link to read in full.
2. In the center of the index I want to display a default welcome message but need it be be dynamic so my client can change it when need be.
3. Below that I want to call random items my client will have available for sale using the ecommerce plugin.
4. Below that (above the footer) I want simply headline titles to recent blog posts.
I could careless about archives and other sidebar menu items on the front page of the website.
So in theory the homepage will contain a few sections that I would like to have dynamically displayed as well as allow to be dynamically edited from the admin panel.
SECTION 1: NEWS
SECTION 2: WELCOME with ability to edit like any other post
SECTION 3: Product display from ecommerce plugin
SECTION 4: Blog headlines only
Where I am confused is how to go about setting up WordPress to display all this info properly.
Should the frontpage be a “PAGE”? If so (or even if not) should all other content besides the offical blog entries be made as “PAGES” as well?
Would having “NEWS” entries and “BLOG” entries require setting up the site as a multiple blog?
Please help…. I am not sure if queries is the way to do this or what.
thank you all for your interest and time.
- The topic ‘Front page as CMS’ is closed to new replies.