I would like to have the front page of a site be posts tagged as “home”, with the full blog (minus the tagged “home” posts) at another page called “Community”.
My problem is pagination on the front page; I can’t seem to get a mix of WP_Query args that works, and the various
get_query_var('paged')hacks don’t seem to work. Now I’m wondering if there isn’t a simpler approach to the whole thing. This is what I’m currently working with.
- Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays > Front page: Home
- front-page.php template with WP_Query pulling only “home” tag
- Settings > Reading > Front Page Displays > Posts page: Community
- pre_get_posts to conditionally remove “home” tag
I’ve even wondered if it’s possible to just use the Rewrite API to map the root domain to the “home” tag archive, but that kind of scares me (I’ve never really worked with rewrite rules before).
- The topic ‘Front page as a tag archive with pagination’ is closed to new replies.