From Postnuke to WordPress?
I’m considering a migration from Postnuke to WP, but there are several PN features that I would hate to let go and I’ve not found them so far in WP. I would appreciate your assistance in finding out if they are available or planned:
- Extended user profile: can additional data be requested from users when registering?
- File download library: categories, subcategories, screenshot, download counter?
- Link library: categories, subcategories, click-through tracking?
- Multilingual sites: is there a multilingual plugin for the current version of WP? by multilingual I mean that each post can (but does not have to) have versions in two or more languages
- Newsletter: an easy way to send a custom-formatted email to registered users, containing the titles of the most recent posts. Ideally, users should be able to subscribe while registering
- Categories/topics. I see WP allows multiple categories per post (PN doesn’t), but I can’t see separate ‘trees’ for categories and topics. Can this useful structure be replicated in WP?
I’m also curious about scalability. PN boasts its ability to confront ‘slashdottings’. How many pages is serving the largest WP site right now?
Comments from people already having made the switch from PN will be much appreciated, of course
Many thanks and kind regards
- The topic ‘From Postnuke to WordPress?’ is closed to new replies.