I am working on a build for a new website (http://wp.rapidataservices.tutchhq.co.uk/contact/) which includes the WordPress plugin Contact Form 7 to handle the submission of the form & (is supposed) to display a response via AJAX.
I simply cannot get the AJAX side of this to work. Upon submission the form works fine, but the page reloads and displays the 404 page… not cool!
Following the FAQ page (http://contactform7.com/why-isnt-my-ajax-contact-form-working-correctly/) I have run a number of tests. I can confirm:
- The page is correctly referencing wp_head and wp_footer.
- Whilst the page has one or two validation errors (created by another plugin), I don’t believe this to be the issue. I have attempted to test this by stripping out everything except the form (and the header & footer).
- I have deactivated each plug-in for conflicts & the problem persists.
- I have flushed the permalinks (by re-saving via settings > permalinks) & tested.
- I have created new form instances & tested.
- Reinstalled the Contact Form 7 plug-in & tested.
After all that I’m still no closer to a solution. Can anyone shed any light on this issue as I’m very keen to avoid using an alternative plugin.
I can provide more details if needed. Thanks!
- The topic ‘Form unable to submit by AJAX so redirects to 404’ is closed to new replies.