Hello all! Sorry if this is a very elementary question — I’ve tried various combinations of keywords here and nothing’s coming up.
I just upgraded from 1.2 to 1.5. I used to have a set-up where commentors were forced to preview their comments before they would appear on the site. The sequence of events was as follows:
1. Commentor enters text in the comment fields, presses “preview” button (only button available)
2. Commentor is brought to screen showing comments as it will appear on blog
3. Commentor either presses button to approve comment, which posts it on the blog, or;
4. Commentor can re-edit text. Edited text must be previewed once.
The point of this was not so much to allow the commentors to preview their comment but to eliminate automatic spam-bots. Adding this functionality essentially kept all comment spam out of my moderation queue. The new 1.5 site has only been up for an hour and I’m already getting hammered.
Of course, now I can’t remember where I found out how to do this, the upgrade trashed this functionality, and I can’t find anything similar for 1.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- The topic ‘Forcing commentors to preview a post once in 1.5’ is closed to new replies.