I have a possibly related issue, so in the interest of not initiating another one-off post I'll add a description of my problem here. After posting last night without issue to my site http://delibleink.com, I noticed that the most recent post had disappeared other than a line down the right hand margin (which, it turns out, actually links to the photo embedded in that post. Looking a little further down the page I noted that the font size of all my other posts had shrunken drastically and the padding between lines completely gone.
Unless I was too heavily into the red wine, I have no recollection of doing anything to my site to precipitate these changes. To clarify, I wasn't on the site at all between posting and viewing successfully and then returning to the site to see it rendering as described above.
I'll make the following notes:
- no one else has my password, i.e. to be responsible for the changes
- I posted that most recent post via Posterous, but not the others
- I've viewed the problem on both my circa-2007 iMac and 2009 MacBook, both running up-to-date Firefox; I've also viewed the page, with the same issue, on Safari
- the problem only appears to exist on the home page; individual pages, e.g. http://delibleink.com/?p=121, the mysteriously missing latest post, seem to render just fine
- having read about other (possibly) similar issues over on the WordPress.com forum, I ensured I have no unclosed tags
- and, yes, I feel like a rookie idiot
Many thanks in advance for anyone able to help out.