Support » Plugin: Flying Scripts by WP Speed Matters » Flying Scripts not working for only ONE post, all others ok?

  • Resolved Nate

    (@goseongguy)


    Hello,

    As usual, the plugin is working great, however it appears that Flying Scripts is not working on only one of my posts. All the other posts seem to have no issues.

    https://goseongguy.com/old-trees-of-goseong/

    Isn’t that strange? I have no exclusions in Flying Scripts settings. Are there any reasons this may happen? This post has one of the most DOM elements, but I can’t think of any reason for it to not work. Any ideas?

    For example, main.min.js, flying-pages.min.js, etc are correctly delayed in one but not the other.
    GTM report for working post: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/goseongguy.com/bzsSC9AD/
    GTM report not working post: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/goseongguy.com/XZPbvJHG/

    (BTW: All the posts have a few console errors due to injected HTML of a Facebook feed, but they have always been there including on all other posts where Flying Scripts works.)

    • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Nate.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Nate.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Gijo Varghese

    (@gijo)

    @goseongguy it might be due the high DOM size. This will be improved in the upcoming version.

    Thread Starter Nate

    (@goseongguy)

    In case anyone reads this later: I got it working.

    My guess is that there was an issue (with SVG icons being used in UAGB button blocks resulting in a conflict) with my image optimization plugin Optimole to generate something unexpected in the HTML document.
    For example, I noticed spaces around a class generated by Optimole:<!DOCTYPE html><html class=" optml_no_js "...>
    But in my other posts, there were no spaces:
    <!DOCTYPE html><html class="optml_no_js"...>

    I removed the UAGB button blocks with SVGs and used default Gutenberg button blocks with my own custom CSS icons instead (with pseudo elements), and then aforementioned spaces in the HTML were gone and Flying Scripts was working!

    I refactored the page a lot to reduce the DOM size and depth, but I think the problem was probably more of a plugin conflict between UAGB and Optimole. Probably unrelated to Flying Scripts.

    Thanks again!

    Plugin Author Gijo Varghese

    (@gijo)

    @goseongguy Great, thanks for sharing the details.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.