[resolved] Fix for Simple Lightbox not working with Chrome (8 posts)

  1. Robert
    Posted 1 year ago #

    To get Simple Lightbox working with Google Chrome 36.x I added handler.image.js to the Exclude scripts list.

    Simple Lightbox works fine with the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Safari, etc. but without an exclusion for handler.image.js it won't work with Chrome, rather the image opened as if Simple Lightbox were disabled.

    I have a jQuery-based theme by WooThemes and the following options enabled in Autoptimize:
    Optimize JavaScript Code? - checked
    Force JavaScript in <head>? - checked
    Look for scripts only in <head>? - checked
    Exclude scripts from Autoptimize: handler.image.js

    I found the handler.image.js solution by looking through the Simple Lightbox plugin files and testing. The image handler appeared to be a good candidate.

    CSS Options - all disabled for compatibility with IE8. I'll probably drop support for older IE versions soon. BrowserStack is an excellent service to check for browser issues.


  2. Robert
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Marking as resolved.

  3. Frank Goossens
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for sharing that info Robert!

  4. Archetyped
    Posted 1 year ago #


    SLB has been tested with Autoptimize and no issues were encountered using default settings or the settings you provided in Chrome v36.x or any other browser.

    The issue you are experiencing may be connected to the theme or a plugin you are using. If you can provide a link to a page that exhibits the issue you are experiencing in Chrome, I would be glad to take a look.

  5. Robert
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Is there an non-forum way to contact you so I can provide the URL to my staging site?

  6. Archetyped
    Posted 1 year ago #

  7. Robert
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I apologize. After removing the exclusion for handler.image.js in Autoptimize on my staging site Simple Lightbox now works fine with Chrome! I verified it's working on two different computers with the latest version Chrome, FireFox and IE.

    I've since enabled CSS optimization and it must've been due to some other interaction.

    Thank you for following up.

  8. Archetyped
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Glad to hear it's working now :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Autoptimize
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic