It’s not so much a method I used as that I replaced various deprecated function calls in the code. I’d rather the project be continued so that the entire community can take advantage of such fixes – and contribute theirs in turn.
To that end, we (work) are discussing the possibility of forking this project and maintaining it for the community. If that looks like it’s going to take an abnormally long amount of time, I may just make our fixed code available as an interim solution.
The problem isn’t where to host it, it’s getting permission from management. Technically, the State owns the changes I made since I did so on the college’s clock and using their resources. As I’m sure you’re aware, those wheels turn slowly 😉