I figured out what was causing the “enable referrer headers” problem on my computer.
I have Norton Internet Security (NIS) installed on my PC. (I’m assuming all other similar sofware will have similar options and should, in theory, work for them too.) I have Privacy Control enabled. All I had to do was uncheck a box and the problem was fixed. I’ll list the exact steps I used.
Open NIS -> Click “Privacy Control” -> Click “Configure” -> Click “Custom Level” -> UNCHECK “Enable Browser Privacy”
That solved the problem for me. Hopefully this will help others who are having the same problem!
- The topic ‘Fix for “enable referrer headers”’ is closed to new replies.