Six questions about multisite setup (subdomains)
I have a couple questions about the setup of a multisite network. I’ve read lots and watched many YouTube videos about this, but am still stumped on a few things.
Here’s the setup:
Current single site:
Installed at example.com/wordpress
Viewed at example.com
Now say I turn that to multisite installation.
And I choose the new-site-subdomain option.
And create site1.example.com
(1) Do I still view that original site at simply example.com, while new sites are viewed at [sitename].example.com?
If I go to example.com/wordpress/wp-login.php and log in,
(2) will that now be the super admin for sites?
(3) What if I want to login as a site admin user for ONLY that original site? (as in, for users created with access to only one network site)
(4) Would the WP admin for just site1.example.com be accessed at site1.example.com/wordpress/wp-login.php?
Now say I have created a bunch of sites (site1.example.com, site2.example.com, site3.example.com, etc).
I now want site2.example.com to be its own network, using the subdirectory option (so site2.example.com/siteA, site2.example.com/siteB)
(5) Should that site2.example.com be its own WordPress multisite install then, seprate form the original example? Or is there a way to have a sort of network within a network?
(6) Say I have a multisite network installed at subdomain.example.com.
If its already in a subdirectory, do I still have the option to create new sites as either a subdirectory OR subdomain?
- The topic ‘Six questions about multisite setup (subdomains)’ is closed to new replies.