Support » Your WordPress » First WP site – Critiques invited!
3 years, 7 months ago
Greetings – Comments to make it more appealing are welcome!
You’re going to blend in with the 2354 people who have also downloaded that theme if you don’t customise it.
I’m OK with blending in, as church websites are pretty local, and I’m really ‘competing’ with local sites.
I don’t like the ‘outdated browser’ popup – testing in IE7 (possibly build-in into the theme?) – there should be better ways to inform the user that using a modern browser might anhance the viewing experience.
Thank you for your feedback!
I really like the top half of the site with the slider, images/ctas etc but it makes the lower half look quite text heavy and dull. You could try adding colour or graphics here to liven up the ui. Hth
Ant Tyler – Thank you for the comment – agreed!
No problem, your def on a winner with the upper part of your home page, I really like the style!
Looks nice and professional.
1. It is loading slow to me,
2. You can use favicon,
3. You can use Cache plugin,
4. You can use SEO plugin,
5. You can add some content to your videos,
6. You can add more pictures to your slider,
Biograzzi – Thank you for your helpful comments!
1. It is loading slow to me
– Yes, I’ve noticed this – I’m looking at using the ‘WP Super Cache’ plugin
2. You can use favicon
– Agreed – I need to learn this
3. You can use Cache plugin
– Agreed – See #1
4. You can use SEO plugin
I’ve used this (currently disabled), but need to make it more effective
5. You can add some content to your videos
6. You can add more pictures to your slider