[Resolved] First play with the PRO version :)
Eventually got around to uploading the PRO version of the plugin. Looks good and really like a couple of the extra features and options it provides. I’ll need to reconfigure my site slightly to take advantage of all of them, but thought I’d let you know my thoughts and experiences so far…
Installation all went smoothly, no problems there, but wondering whether you had considered just having one version of the plugin but with an activation code to activate the Pro features? Just thought that would save needing to remove the standard version to load the pro version, and with some well placed info and links might help you sell a few more copies of the paid for version!
The top box on the settings page says “Enter your order confirmation number to receive automated updates” but I wasn’t quite sure what I should enter there. Is it the order number shown at the top of the order confirmation email I received (something like #5xxxx)? Some sort of confirmation that the correct code has been entered and accepted would be useful.
Love the ability to add the menu cart to up to 3 different menus. It will be good to use this in my footer as well as in the main menu at the top so that it is visible even when you’re scrolled down to the bottom of the page. Would it be possible to make some or all of the options (e.g. display even when empty or as fly-out menu) specific to each menu location? I’m thinking I could use a fly-out menu at the bottom of my page in my footer menu, but don’t want it to fly-out in the main menu at the top of the page.
Also good to be able to chose from the various shopping cart / basket icons – I’ve gone with the 2nd one from the left as I thought it looked a little clearer and matched my menu fonts better.
I’m afraid the alignment option doesn’t work for me still with my UberMenu option. You mentioned that you might add the !important tag, not sure whether you did in the end, but either way UberMenu still seems to overwrite the Menu Cart css in this regard. But no great problem, the custom css I posted in the other thread still does the trick for me.
I’ve experimented with the fly-out shopping cart option in conjunction with my main UberMenu, but this is (not surprisingly!) a none starter I’m afraid. It sort of works, but the styling goes a little wrong – probably because both the plugin and UberMenu are both interfering with each other. The none fly-out menu still works fine though and is perfect for what I need up here (although as I already mentioned, it would be nice to make the menu cart in my footer menu separately fly-out). I didn’t expect this to work in my particular configuration, but I can image it will work great with a standard WP menu.
Ok, best post this before something goes wrong with it unsaved….
Also meant to ask what the “Enter a custom CSS class (optional)” option does and what the format is for entering an option?
By creating an additional menu, adding the Menu Cart to this and then using the “Custom Menu” widget (not sure which bit of WP that came with!) I’ve found I can put the shopping cart menu item pretty much anywhere – side bar, footer, etc. I was going to ask whether the plugin could be added as a widget, but using this method there’s no need as you can already do just that!
Cheers, James 🙂
Edit: This is the widget, looks like it is a standard WP widget although I think it’s fairly new:
Custom Menu Widget
Thank you very much for the feedback! This is the kind of feedback that really helps us to improve the product (& service)!
* Activation code vs replacing free version we have considered this, but it’s technically difficult. You did get me thinking however, that it would be a good idea to let the pro version be an extension of the free version rather than a replacement. We’ll look into that for the next release.
* Confirmation number format good point. The correct format can be either the #xxxxx or just plain xxxxx, but I understand that it’s good to give some feedback on whether the license was accepted.
* Setting options per menu we can look into this. It would make the settings panel a lot more complex though when we would include all options, but for the flyout tickbox it might make sense. If more people would like to see this we’ll definitely consider this, but it’s quite a dramatic changeover (also for the rest of the plugin code)
* Alignment code I need to check on that, upon checking I noticed that in the latest 1.5.2 update the !important somehow got reset again. Will be fixed in the next release.
* Flyout menu styling This should indeed work with most standard WP menu’s, we’ve tested on several different themes. The menu classes are the same as those used in regular wordpress menu, but if your theme (or Ubermenu) uses other classes it’s of course impossible for us to make that compatible. For such specific customization we offer the Custom CSS service.
* Custom CSS class formatThis is name of your or your theme’s CSS class. If your theme uses a CSS class called “ubersubmenu”, you can just include the class name there. There as also a request for this in the forum, where a specific theme required the last menu item to have a certain class. You can enter multiple class names separated by a space.
* Custom menu widgetAwesome tip, thanks!
Have a great day!
Cheers Ewout, all sounds good and I’ll look forward to future updates!
Keep up the good work 🙂 Regards, James
Hey James! Thanks for all the great feedback. I’m marking this to resolved and all your suggestions will be considered in future updates. 🙂
How have you managed to make a Custom menu with nothing else inside the widget than Menu Cart Pro? I have tried many hours and can not make it. If there isn´t something else in that menu, the cart will not show up. If I put aome page etc there, cart shows up but it should be alone, not with other menu elements.
I just did some testing and it looks like this method’s results may vary from theme to theme and wasn’t as straight forward as we thought. We’ll do some more testing and figure out what is the best way to do this. In the meantime, you might be able to use the built in WooCommerce cart widget called WooCommerce cart. It’s not exactly what you’re looking for but should be a good substitute for the time being.
Woocommerce Cart refuses to co-operate if I have Menu Cart in top menu bar. Otherwise I would have used it as a “bigger” cart on the right sidebar.
I’ve never heard of any conflicts between the two and we’ve never encountered them in testing. Could you send me a link to your site so I can check it out? How does it refuse to co-operate if Menu Cart is in the top menu bar?
Only Menu Cart gets products that are bought. Other stays empty or does not show at all. I do not know why. Without Menu cart Woocommerce Cart Plus works just fine.
Strangest thing is that it works fine for me as page administrator. But not to anyone else.
Hi itkonen. I don’t fully understand you issues but just a thought: do you have any sort of caching plugin installed? There are issues with WooCommerce and some caching plugins (such as W3TC) which can prevent items being added or removed from the shopping cart. Maybe try turning any caching you have setup off and see whether that makes a difference? This might explain why you see different results for you as admin (logged in and hence caching disabled?) versus everyone else (not logged in and hence pages being cached?).
On my site, I’m using the ‘Striking’ theme and the UberMenu plugin to build the menus. This WC Menu Cart plugin added the cart menu item to the end of the list automatically. It doesn’t show up in any of the menus in WP admin but is added by the plugin programatically to the end of the menu.
I do not have any Caching pulign installed. Can some other plugins interfere like this? I have a Catalyst theme and Ubermenu.
Yes, I know that Menu cart doesn´t show in the menu administration. But I can´t make the menu appear without other items there than menu cart.
BTW, BIG thanks for your enthusiasm to solve this problem 🙂
Thank you again for solving my issue! Best support ever, I can recommend you to anyone anytime.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] First play with the PRO version :)’ is closed to new replies.