Support » Plugin: HTML5 jQuery Audio Player » Firefox compatibility

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Looking back through this forum I see that I should try and update the MIME types. However, I am not sure of the syntax for adding the following to web.config (my server doesn’t support .htaccess)

    AddType audio/ogg ogg
    AddType audio/ogg oga
    AddType video/ogg ogv
    AddType video/mp4 m4v

    Plugin Author Maeve Lander


    Very common firefox issue – see FAQs about mime types.

    If you can’t add/edit htaccess via FTP then I’d suggest you contact your web host or server administrator for further assistance. Explain the issue and I’m sure they’ll be able to help you get these mime types sorted out.

    I’m on IIS 7 server so I added the parameters to web.config. This didn’t help.

    I then asked my ISP to add the MIME types directly. They did this for me and it’s still not working.

    The player shows up as normal. when you click the play button, nothing happens.

    Any other ideas?


    Do you think it could be the way I encoded the ogg audio file?

    Are there any recommended settings?

    Plugin Author Maeve Lander


    What program did you use to convert to ogg?

    And does the ogg file play in firefox without the player? ie. right click the ogg file on your PC then click open with Firefox…

    Also are you able to please post a link here so I can check it out?

    Here’s the link – I’m using Adobe Audition to convert the files. I’ll do the checking now.

    Yes it plays in Firefox when I open the local file there

    I have to put the site back behind a placekeeper. I can PM you the login details if you like.


    I uploaded WordPress 3.5 to a new folder, left the theme as the WP default and the only plugin I added was the player. The song still doesn’t play. I’ll contact my ISP to double check they correctly installed the MIME types..

    Here is the link


    Response from my isp
    The MIME type has been added and the HTTP header shows that the web server is
    serving the files with the right MIME type as shown below.

    HTTP Response Header Value

    Status: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: audio/oga
    Last-Modified: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 00:29:15 GMT
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    ETag: “807ffe875be5cd1:0”
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 01:28:16 GMT
    Connection: close
    Content-Length: 491050

    All working now. My ISP made a mistake when updating the MIME types.

    Thanx for a fantastic app 🙂

    Plugin Author Maeve Lander


    Great! Thanks for reporting back netgrrl2. Glad it was the old MIME type issue and not something weird and new!

    If you like the plugin please do give it a nice rating –>

    Thanks! 🙂

    I spoke too soon, the problem has returned… If you want to have a look at the page, let me know and I’ll remove the placekeeper page 🙁

    lol – frkn web central – it was the MIME types again. Don’t know how they managed to undo the settings..

    Plugin Author Maeve Lander


    ok marking this resolved now

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Firefox compatibility’ is closed to new replies.