FIlter order of posts based on search results
We are working on a website for a restaurant that wants to promote their catering services… Through search results, we need to drive the user to a landing page that displays the most appropriate results at the top while still listing the other catering services they offer underneath. For example, let’s say the restaurant offers the following categories of catering: Kids Party, Salad Bar, Sandwich Bar, Appetizer Bar, and Pizza Buffet.. :
1. User searches for “kids party catering”
2. Google link contains the variables ‘kids’, ‘party’, ‘catering’ like so:
3. User clicks link
4. WordPress sorts the information with the ‘kids + party + catering’ related information listed at the top and all other services listed below in the order of relevance to the search.
1. Should I just set up a separate search template that only displays results within a certain category or is there a better way to go about this?
2. Does the default WordPress search function return results in any specific order? Can that order be controlled?
Thanks for the help!
- The topic ‘FIlter order of posts based on search results’ is closed to new replies.