Support » Plugin: Simple User Listing » Filter by User Role did not work

  • Resolved meinerselbst


    I use your Plugin via shortcode to list all authors of my site. I’m not sure why, but the filter by role="Author" did not work, until I removed the blog_id from the query args. I do not understand the relation between those arguments (still a beginner in WP yet), but wanted to let you know.

    Furthermore there are some notices about an undefined var ‘$list_id’. I added it to the globals to get rid of it. Did not use the filters anyway.

    Thank you for your great plugin,
    I like the simple customizable function.


Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author helgatheviking


    Are you in multisite? or single site? I will look into eventually, but my computer is completely messed up from the last project I was working on, so it will be a while before I can tackle it.

    It’s a single site.
    There’s no hurry, as there’s a workaround like I posted above.

    I had the same problem. Meiner’s solution worked for me also – thanks.
    I appreciate the plugin. It’s nice to have some simple plugin solutions to specific tasks. WordPress needs more of them.

    Plugin Author helgatheviking


    This should be resolved in version 1.5. Thanks for the heads up.

    I am using the last version of the plugin. With [userlist] there is no problem, although when I put in a filter for a custom user role, the results are not the desired.

    It is a bit strange, because I have 2 new roles: Professional and Company

    When I use [userlist role=”Professional”], no user is listed. When I user [userlist role=”Company”], two Professional users appear (instead of Company users). So I am a bit confused whith this.

    Very good plugin although 🙂 The full list, without filters works well

    Plugin Author helgatheviking


    Try user lowercase role names. [userlist role="professional"]

    ok, thanks 😉

    I did it and for some reason did not work. I just created new user roles, deleted the old ones and after that I renamed the new ones again. This time it worked fine.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter by User Role did not work’ is closed to new replies.