Support » Plugin: Simple Fields » field groups not updating

  • Resolved B-man


    I have one field group that, when I try to update it, will not update.

    In the Simple Fields Dashboard pane, I selected the field group under “Field groups”, and added the fields I wanted to add. However, even though the field group shows up under the right post type, the new fields do not show up

    In case it’s relevant, the last field I added before this problem began was called “testfield1”. I’ve since deleted that field from the field group but it still shows up when I’m editing posts.

    Using latest versions of WP and Simple Fields. Thanks for any help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Pär Thernström


    Does the new field you add show up in the Simple Fields admin?

    What if you add one more field, does that one show up, both at simple fields admin and on the post with the field?

    Also, have you only added fields with the GUI? No fields added with PHP-code?



    Thanks for the response (and for the great plugin).

    When I add new fields, they do show up in the Simple Fields admin — they just don’t show up on the post pages.

    I’ve tried adding several fields… if I add one more, it shows up on in the SF admin but not in the post.

    I have only added fields with the GUI, not through PHP code.

    Plugin Author Pär Thernström


    Strange, I have never had that problem myself. Any change I could take a look at your wp admin? Drop me a line at with details if possible. If not let me know and we try to solve it here.



    Update on this —  worked with Pär to resolve.

    I’m not sure I’ve got the technical details on this 100% correct, but basically I had changed the name of a Field Group and for some reason editing through the UI was editing a different Field Group than was actually being used by the plugin. That is, the UI had me editing the Field Group at this URL:


    when that particular Field Group was actually at this URL:


    I resolved the issue just by creating an entirely new Field Group and manually moving over the data from the old Field Group to the new one.

    Presumably I could have also edited the old Field Group via the “correct” URL with the appropriate slug for the Field Group that I could no longer access through the UI.

    Alternatively, Pär was willing to try to fix it by editing the WP database, but since there was a chance I would lose the data that way, I chose to do it manually.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘field groups not updating’ is closed to new replies.