First, this is an absolutely great plugin. I love it and it is super well written.
I am trying to make a site that pulls content from several other of my sites (non WordPress sites) and I’d like to do the following:
1) Using RSS, I’d like to pull in the blogs from my other sites and have a max size excerpt posted on the front page for each blog entry. Each excerpt would then have a ‘More’ link that users coudl click on and read the full blog entry.
2) When users click the ‘More’ link, I’d like for the full blog entry to point to a page on my ‘aggregated site’ rather than the original posting site.
3) Under Contributors (i.e. my other sites), I’d like when a user clicks one of these syndicated contributor links in the nav bar for it to go to a page on my website that has a full listing of all of that site’s blogs, but all within my site.
Effectively what I’m looking for is a way to syndicate content on SITE X while capturing ALL the traffic within my Site X.
In Essence, I’d like to have:
– Similar sized excerpts from all RSS syndicated feeds
– “More” links showing up after excerpt pointing to another page on my site with the full syndicated blog
– Contributors will each have their own page on my site with all their blogs listed. This would be accessed by clicking their site name on the Contributors section of my nav bar. I guess this is a query of sorts.
Please let me know if anyone knows if this software currently allows me to do these things and if not, how I could go about configuring it to work this way.
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘FeedWordPress – weird customization issues’ is closed to new replies.