We have different types of achievements on our site:
- Ribbons: can only be earned once, based on events or activities
- Medals: can be earned repeatedly, based on conduct
I am wondering what would need to be changed in the core to allow this concept? Would the core functionality already allow this if we had a way to assign an achievement multiple times to a given user?
If so, then I have a few ideas:
- Extend the custom taxonomy code (child theme) to flag what each type of achievement can do (single or multiple)
- Group achievements by category on the user profile
- Display checkboxes for a category that allows one-time achievements
- Display a drop down with an "Add" for a category that allows multiple
What are your thoughts on this? If the core can support this, I'll start playing with this functionality and see if I can't get something working. I just wanted to check with you first, as I don't want to rewrite the core relationships between achievement and progress post types.