Support » Fixing WordPress » Feed XML error

  • Hello,
    I’m having issue with pings, most services, such as technorati, are rejecting my pings for reasons such as:
    Application failed during request deserialization: undefined entity at line 5, column 36, byte 131 at /usr/local/lib/perl/XML/ line 187

    3 Others:
    XML error: undefined entity at line 5
    XML error: not well-formed (invalid token)…
    parse error. not well formed. error occurred at line 5, column 66, byte index 139

    My feed is:

    It passes all Feed Validator tests:

    I’m lost with this.
    Would appreciate any help or ideas, thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Try removing the “รณ” from your blog title temporarily and trying it again.

    Thanks! Was happy thinking at last I found the problem, but no. ๐Ÿ™

    I removed it, and continue with the same problem.

    I think it’s probably something to do with characters with accents, as I see others on the ‘net have reported similar problems with Technorati, so it might be worth having a play around removing some of those from the title, tagline, meta tags and alike to see if it is that. Otherwise, dunno, sorry. ๐Ÿ™

    Just as an update, I’ve been doing lots of testing trying to find the cause. When I remove accents, the problem persists. It shouldn’t be that anyway as I have other wordpress sites without that problem.

    I’ve been testing disabling plugins, one at a time, and so far no success. Only thing I’m missing, trying with other theme, though I believe themes dont affect the feed. But no success yet.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Feed XML error’ is closed to new replies.