My RSS feed stopped working after recently upgrading to 2.5. I should have seen this coming because I had a similar problem after upgrading to 2.3. But, the problem seems to be slightly different this time.
My site is italofile.com. I use Feedsmith Feedburner plugin for redirecting my feed. If I try to validate on Feedburner, I get a “server timeout” error or a “404 not found.” Last time, I think there was a problem with blank spaces or whatnot.
My server appears to be working fine. So, I don’t know why I get the timeout errors. I would really appreciate some help with this, as I was just starting to get subscribers.
Also, can any of the moderators explain, in general, why feeds stop working after upgrades? The feed address hasn’t changed. It doesn’t make sense to me.
Since none of the moderators ever seem to help out with questions anymore, I tinkered around and found my own solution.
Before you go messing around with your feed or feedburner after upgrading, check to see if your links are working! I was getting a 404 error with my feeds. What I found out later was that my permalinks were not working.
I was running a plugin called Netfirms Pretty Permalinks with 2.3, but that plugin does not seem to work with 2.5. Once I disabled that plugin, my permalinks – including the link to my original feed – started working.
Hope this helps someone else out there!
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
The topic ‘Feed Not Working After 2.5 Upgrade – HELP!’ is closed to new replies.