Featured images and thumbs are not displaying in the Media edit. These are some of the actions I've taken to correct it though no luck and notes:
1. All thumbs exist on server: the thumbs are being generated on upload.
2. Deactivated all plugins: no conflicts.
3. Changed theme to Twenty Twelve: not a theme issue.
4. Double checked file/folder permissions: this could still be an issue, though it's not obvious.
5. Checked .htaccess file: this could also be an issue though not obvious.
6. Changed all references (URL) to previous server to reflect new server: eliminated urls pointing to images on old server.
7. Enabled debug and nothing would indicate a related issue: just deprecated notices.
8. GD libraries are installed properly on server: eliminated GD not installed.
9. All the sites on this MultiSite install have the same issue: eliminate specific site setting.
10. Checked upload paths which is typically blank: it was blank.
You can check http://www.hrnerr.org/neers-research/river-bottom-mapping and see that there's a missing image on top of post which is the featured image. Obviously the code is failing to print the image url, e.g. -
<img src="" class="single-thumb" alt="River Bottom Mapping" width="960px" height="240px">. Here's another example of missing images: http://www.esopuscreekconservancy.org/gallery/trail-views/
Can anyone give me the next obvious step to troubleshoot before I setup an entirely new WP install?