This my first post in this forum, so be kind 😉
I’m about to set up a new WP site and one of the features i want is to be able to set post-specific header images (featured image).
I’ve started playing around with some themes on my localhost running XAMP. There it works fine for ex on the Graphene theme.
But when i setup a WP installation online to play around with, it will not work.
I’ve tried several themes, for ex:
- The Bootstrap
However, i have not dived in to the code of all these themes.
The only one i tried fiddling around abit with was BirdTips.
What puzzels me is that it works without configuration on the Graphene theme on my local host, but not online.
- Clearing the WP cache.
- Make a fresh browser reload.
- Creating several different posts with different images.
- Checked so the image size is large enough ,since this seem to have been an issue with featured posts in the past.
- yes – featured posts is enabled in the post admin.
I’ve read several forum threads and tutorials on this issue but i just can’t get it to work.
If i place the <?php the_post_thumbnail();?> before the_content it displays within the post, not as a header image.
I can move that code snippet further up in the page structure to make it display elsewhere. However then it displays constantly and does not seem connected to the specific post. Also, it does not replace the header image the way i want.
Any ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance.
My lab site url: http://www.daniel.novoa.se
- The topic ‘Featured image not showing’ is closed to new replies.