Support » Installing WordPress » Fatal error upgrade to WP 3.1

  • Hi,

    I got this fatal error when I upgraded to 3.1:

    Fatal error: Class ‘WP_List_Table’ not found in /usr/home/deb18228n2/domains/homecinemamagazine.nl/public_html/wp-admin/includes/list-table.php on line 76

    Restoring my backup does not even help..

    What can I do?
    Please help!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • I rec’d the same error on one of my blogs today as well. I don’t see a “list-table.php” file in the includes directory. It might be a plugin issue. If I find a solution I’ll post it here….working on a fix for my site right now.

    Thanks. Please let me know!

    Fixed my issue, which appears to be something to do w/ the plugins.

    This worked for me:
    1. Using an FTP program (such as FileZilla), I re-named the plugins directory on my site. It is at /wp-content/plugins/ [changed the name of “plugins”]
    2. I refreshed the site and rec’d a few errors for files accessed in my wp-content directory [I rec’d errors for advanced-cache.php, db.php and other files] – I noted the file names in the error messages after each refresh and changed the names of those files as well – one at a time after each refresh]
    3. I refreshed the site again – no errors and WordPress login loaded. Fixed!

    Subsequently, I renamed the plugins directory back to plugins. Then once logged into WP, I visited the plugins and turned them back on one at a time. No issues now.

    I hope this helps.

    Could you please help me with that?
    I changed the plugins name and now the website works. But where do I see the file names that I have to change?

    Thanks!!

    I see no errors when I load the website, but when I change the plugins name back it has the same error again.
    The only thing that is not working right now are the plugins.

    You may not need to change any if the site works now. I continued to get errors after changing the name of the plugin directory. They were files loaded by the plugins such as db.php, etc. However, if you didn’t continue to get errors likely nothing else to change.

    Wait! I restored back to 3.05, so now I upgrade to 3.1 again. I will probably get the errors now.

    You’ll need to turn the plugins back on from the admin panel in WP.

    Ok.. I have 3.1 installed now. I changed the plugins name and the website works.
    But, when I change the plugins name back it gives the same error again. What can I do?
    Without plugins it seems to work fine and without errors.

    Try turning the plugins on one at a time to see if you have a conflict.

    I cannot turn any plugins on since the path to /plugins does not excist anymore. When I change it back to /plugins I get the error message.

    Suddenly I saw all the plugins back (after I changed the folder name back to /plugins) and I turned them on one by one!

    Anyone who has WPeMatico installed… delete it from your server!! WP 3.1 hates it!

    Vibranthealthsolution

    (@vibranthealthsolution)

    WOW, Thanks so much for your means to fix the upgrade issue for fatal errors, Optimisticfriend. I had the db.php error too and have been searching for hours and going through hostgator support trying to fix! Your Fix work, Fabulously!! 🙂

    2. I refreshed the site and rec’d a few errors for files accessed in my wp-content directory [I rec’d errors for advanced-cache.php, db.php and other files] – I noted the file names in the error messages after each refresh and changed the names of those files as well – one at a time after each refresh]

    It is not a good idea to make changes to any of core files as next update you will be back to where you were.

    90% of time its the plugins or the theme that are not compatible with the upgrade so deactivate all plugins and then update

    Thx. Since I changed the name of the plugin directory it couldn’t use the files; they were all plugin related files (not core files). Once WP loaded correctly, I just renamed the files back to their original names and everything works fine. However, I did turn on the plugins one at a time to determine which ones worked OK.

    The upgrade issue appears to be associated with plugins that have conflicts w/ WP 3.1

    Again, thx for the feedback.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal error upgrade to WP 3.1’ is closed to new replies.