[Resolved] Fatal Error updating database in 3.4
WordPress has been updated! Before we send you on your way, we have to update your database to the newest version.
I click on Update WordPress Database and I get:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_cache_add_non_persistent_groups() in /home/uplymech/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 177
The site continues to operate correctly, just the admin panel I cannot access.
1) Downloaded the latest release and replaced the root files, wp-content (not overwriting my own content files), wp-admin and wp-includes via FTP
2) Removed all plugin directories via ftp.
3) Removed my theme directory (leaving only Twenty11 althought my site didn’t seem to resort to this theme – I got just a blank page)
4) Emptied my browser cache.
5) Checked any known conflicts with plugins and themes on the masterlist.
Now a bit stumped. In the past doing an upload via FTP usually did the trick.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Fatal Error updating database in 3.4’ is closed to new replies.