Support » Plugin: Media Library Assistant » Fatal Error in Save Metabox

  • Resolved tonydjukic

    (@tonydjukic)


    When “Editing Details” for one of the attachments uploaded via Media Library the SAVE meta box displays a ‘Fatal Error’ message.

    Map Custom Field metadata
    Map IPTC/EXIF metadata
    There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

    Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

    This has been going on ever since the site was upgraded to WP 5.6.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author David Lingren

    (@dglingren)

    Thanks for your report. I have just run a quick test on my system and I have not been able to reproduce the error. My test steps:

    1. Navigate to the Media/Library screen in “grid” mode.
    2. Click on an image to display the attachment details.
    3. Click the “Edit more details” link in the lower right corner.
    4. On the Media/Edit Media screen, click the “Map Custom Field metadata”, “Map IPTC/EXIF metadata” and “Update” links (one at a time).

    The Map and Update actions completed without errors. It is quite possible that the error you are experiencing is specific to one or more of your image files, or specific to something in your mapping rules.

    I want to make sure I understand what you are seeing. Is the “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. message displayed on the Edit Media Screen in the Save metabox, under the mapping links?

    If you have access to the site’s error log, are there messages there with more information? You can probably view the error log by navigating to the Settings/Media Library Assistant Debug tab and scrolling down to the Error Log window.

    I will leave this topic unresolved until I hear back from you. Any additional information you can provide will be helpful. Thank you!

    Plugin Author David Lingren

    (@dglingren)

    It has been over a month since my last post in this topic. I assume you have found a solution for the problem you reported.

    I am marking this topic resolved, but please update it if you are still having the problem and can provide any additional information so I can investigate further. Thanks for your interest in the plugin.

    Thread Starter tonydjukic

    (@tonydjukic)

    David, apologies but I didn’t see your initial reply; I actually didn’t think you had replied and didn’t follow up as I ended up finding the source of the issue. It was actually WordPress not permitting media files from NOT having a user assigned. Someone had, at some point in time, attempted to manually purge a user’s ID from the system and either left the ID as blank or replaced it with a 0 (zero), so any media item with an author/owner ID of 0 threw up the error.

    It is my understanding that WordPress has changed this recently (in case anyone else comes across it), I just wrote and SQL statement that ran through the attachments looking for user ID 0 and replaced it with the ID number of the person that manages most of the images for the organization.

    Once again, sincerest apologies for missing your original response and thank you for the reply you did provide.

    Plugin Author David Lingren

    (@dglingren)

    Thanks for your update with the good news and the detailed description of the root cause and your fix. I am happy to see that MLA did not contribute to the issue.

    I will leave this topic resolved. If you have any other MLA problems or questions, start a new topic and I will give you what help I can.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.