Support » Plugin: WP Bannerize Pro » Fatal Error in Request.php on new Server and newer PHP Version

  • Resolved swissroach

    (@swissroach)


    Hi again. Great evolution on the plugin, still everything i need for Banners…
    But I moved the site to another server with PHP v7.1.9 and now i get some errors with Bannerize Pro. One is a fatal error, when i try to update the plugin settings (Enable/Disable clicks and impressions). I found that there where other fatal errors with strings on WP when 7.1 was new, because it changed something in the handling of strings and array-indexes…
    The error is:
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets in /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-bannerize-pro/vendor/wpbones/wpbones/src/Foundation/Http/Request.php:71 Stack trace: #0 /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-bannerize-pro/plugin/Http/Controllers/WPBannerizeSettingsController.php(33): WPBannerize\WPBones\Foundation\Http\Request->getAsOptions() #1 /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-bannerize-pro/vendor/wpbones/wpbones/src/Routing/Controller.php(76): WPBannerize\Http\Controllers\WPBannerizeSettingsController->update() #2 /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-bannerize-pro/vendor/wpbones/wpbones/src/Foundation/Plugin.php(612) : runtime-created function(1): WPBannerize\WPBones\Routing\Controller->render('update') #3 /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): in /home/viperswe/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-bannerize-pro/vendor/wpbones/wpbones/src/Foundation/Http/Request.php on line 71

    At first I thought it was something caused by the migration, but everything else seems to work and then i came to the php version as reason… I even uninstalled and reinstalled your plugin on the new server, but the error is still there. Adding, removing banners etc. works and the banners on the frontpage too…

    Can you give me some advice or fix it if it’s really because of the code of your plugin in comination with php 7.1(.9)…

    Edit: What i found in reference of this fatal error is this bug ticket at wordpress.org itself regarding these changes in 7.1.0… https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37071
    Maybe it has some relevance for the problem with your plugin.

    • This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by swissroach.
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error in Request.php on new Server and newer PHP Version’ is closed to new replies.