Fast Secure Contact Form 4.0 project reports
The Fast Secure Contact Form 4.0 project began in late August 2012.
Mike Challis hires Ken Carlson temporarily for this project to do the bulk of the programming.
August – September 2012: Discussion and planning – Mike Challis and Ken Carlson
October 2012: Programming starts for a brand new Fast Secure Contact Form 4.0
– add tabs to options section for improved user experience
– combine standard fields with custom fields (w/ some limits what can and cannot be done to standard fields)
– use WP settings API for improved security and maintainability
– write upgrade function to import data from legacy version
– simplify and clean up the code
Phase 1: options menu: create options menu, enter, edit, save and load settings, test
Phase 2: contact form: update code to display and process contact forms, test
Phase 3: implementation: write upgrade function, do Beta testing, trouble shooting
Version 4.0 dev 1.0 (10/09/2012)
– new codebase with better use of class structure.
– new way if navigating multiple forms via a drop down select instead of hyperlinks.
– the admin settings are now grouped into a jQuery tabbed interface.
– you can re-order the display sequence of all the fields via a drag and drop interface.
– button to add a new field anywhere in the form.
– the standard fields (name,email,subject,message) can now be manipulated and re-ordered along with the extra fields.
Version 4.0 dev 2.0 (10/30/2012)
– all options table values are now in the tabs
– buttons to add a new form and add a new field work
– backup/restore/copy settings works ftom the Tools tab
– added a tab for the Preview, which will work once we write the code to display the contact form
– added a checkbox for an option to have a form field on the same line as a previous field
Version 4.0 dev 2.1 (11/01/2012)
– mostly code cleanup, restructuring code design, and bug fixes.
Version 4.0 dev 2.2 (11/10/2012)
– added Reset Form function to Tools tab
– added Delete Form function to Tools tab
– added Delete Field function (but not for standard fields)
– added DISABLED message to disabled fields
– Reset Styles checkboxes now work (need to complete form display module to test this)
– “Save Changes” now returns to the same tab after saving
– Check Akismet key checkbox now works
– added html entities unencoding before saving to database
– fixed regex syntax error in validate() function (thanks, Mike!)
– added esc_html to display of form name
– other minor improvements
– testing of all of the above
Version 4.0 dev 2.2.1 (11/13/2012)
– fixed error: undefined index delete when resetting a form to defaults
– email field type limited to text or email
– changed delete form so that Form 1 cannot be deleted
– added star ratings and version check
– changed set form to default settings to retain the form name (everything else is changed to the default)
– corrected invalid html in the instructions for fields (text in blockquote must be in a container such as p or div)
– reduced the “jump” when the page loads and the tabs are rendered
Version 4.0 dev 2.2.2 (11/16/2012)
– restructured some functions to make it easier to implement form display
– fixed bug that would sometimes assign an incorrect number to a new form
– implemented changes from newly released v. 184.108.40.206 of the plugin
– added form name to delete form confirmation dialog box
– replaced ctf_stripslashes() with stripslashes() or stripslashes_deep() (for inner arrays)
– implemented update_lang() function
– form field names must be unique, because they will be used to identify fields
– fixed invalid html caused by displaying ctf_action messages too early — didn’t display anything in IE 8
Version 4.0 dev 2.2.3 (11/20/2012)
– changed form rating star style names to avoid conflict w/ WP styles and improve look
– added esc_attr() to display of form name, to prevent XSS attacks
– updated and tested uninstall.php
– fixed bug when deleting a form, then restoring all (didn’t appear in form list)
– fixed duplicate form field names: two fields were named ‘si_contact_backup_type’
– returns to the same tab after Save Changes on all three major browsers
– added new form textarea field to enter options for select/checkbox/radio field types, this will make it much simpler to add options
Version 4.0 dev 3.0 (12/06/2012)
– implemented module to draw the form on the web site (submit and reset don’t work yet)
– all field types display on the contact form
– set up slugs in fields settings, built from field name, forced to be unique, they are used for HTML field names and optional GET inputs
– the slugs are now called “Tags” on the settings page
– tested tags with other languages: works with Chinese and German text
– fixed several things in the settings section
– all optional GET query variables seem to work
– there are no defaults for password, time, or attachment (having one for ‘time’ would be nice?)
– combined field setting ‘default_text’ with ‘default’ to simplify settings
– changed input field ‘value’ on contact form: option index or ‘1’ for single checkbox. For multiples: array of indexes
– added ability to set default for select-multiple and checkbox-muliple in settings with a comma delimited list
– removed Geekmail from the Options menu
– Captcha displays properly (can’t test it until process form code is ready)
- The topic ‘Fast Secure Contact Form 4.0 project reports’ is closed to new replies.