K, I muttled through installing with no problem, then pulled my hair out making my own custom template…not really knowing what I was doing, got it to look the way I want, all is working fine, my only problem is I didn’t realize that the directory it asked me to install to would be my “blog name”….I just chose “mydomain/blog” so, then I found/followed these instruction to rename…
1. login admin > Options > General
2. Change the 2 URI values to the new name
3. Update options (you’ll get a 404 but don’t worry)
4. Do NOT try to view your blog in a browser!!!
5. FTP > and rename the folder
6. Now you can enjoy your blog with the new name
whoo hoo…all is still fine/working…
BUT…now in fantastico it says Only manual upgrade possible because, I assume because it is pointing whatever to “blog” which no longer exists…. is there an easy fix for this so that I can update w/fantisco?
i.e. a way to change the directory name that fantisco is looking for?
- The topic ‘Fantastico install-change Blog name?’ is closed to new replies.