I’m a first time user of WP hosting with HostGator. I installed WP 4 times. Every time the database connection works fine. And the public area displays properly.
But, I cannot access the admin area, presumably wp-admin/index.php I get an “access denied” error message.
* file permissions on folders is 755
* file permissions on wp-admin/index.php is 666
* WordPress resides in its own folder not on the root.
* The .htaccess file on the root is blank.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘Famous 5-minute Install turns into 5-day Ordeal’ is closed to new replies.