I tried using the export filters to export all my posts tagged as “plugin” but when I imported the file into a new blog I am creating the export had apparently exported posts with the tag “toys” instead. I tried exporting a category and again it exported a different category instead. I have not tried exporting by date yet but I don’t trust the export filters right now.
I am running a multisite install if that makes any difference.
Tried exporting using a newly created tag, but that gave the same results: the wrong posts.
Tried to import through RSS feed. It imported the right posts that time, but didn’t get the content across. So no satisfying option as well.
Then tried another (more successful) workaround:
I created a new WP user. Then edited the author of all posts (from the category-to-be-exported) to that user. (There is an option to mass-edit in the posts overview. Just filter all posts from a category using the filters above, then select all and choose edit from the dropdown menu)
When I filtered the content to be exported on the newly created user, et voila: it worked!
Same problem here with WordPress 3.0.5 where it exports the wrong posts when you select a tag you want to export.
Although the export by author workaround you mentioned is tempting, I would then have to edit every single post again to assign the correct author back to the associated post. That would involve editing hundreds of posts, which is unworkable in my situation.
I hope they fix this bug soon.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
The topic ‘Export Filters are buggy’ is closed to new replies.