Support » Plugin: Mollie Payments for WooCommerce » Exploding page loadtime as of version 5.8.2 and up

  • Resolved Hans Schuijff

    (@hanswitteprins)


    We’ve been having big problems with page loading time and the provider (BigScoots) traced it back to this plugin.

    I’ve been testing with different versions of the plugin and up to version 5.8.1 it performs fine, but from version 5.8.2 and upwards the page loadtime more than doubles to an unacceptable 12-15 seconds.

    I’ve tested the load time of https://tinekevanurk.nl/?add-to-cart=4130 In Gtmetrix.
    With this plugin disabled, the result was about 4.5 seconds.
    With version 4.7.x and 4.8.1 of this plugin it varies between 4.5 and about 6 seconds.
    But with version 5.8.2 up to version 5.9.0 it went to an unacceptable minimum of 12.1 seconds and sometimes to more than 15 seconds.

    Something is clearly wrong in these plugin versions. Can you please correct the problem?

    We run on the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce and all plugins are up to date. PHP version is 7.4.8 and the server runs on nginx/1.19.1
    I found no related errors in the error logs.

    For now I can’t update to versions 4.8.2 or above untill this is solved.

    Hans

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Support Andreas W.

    (@aweissinpsyde)

    Hello @hanswitteprins

    please let us more investigate it and of course, when we can improve the loading time we will try to improve a better performance with the coming updates.

    Best regards
    Andreas

    Plugin Support Andreas W.

    (@aweissinpsyde)

    Closed because of inactivity.

    Thread Starter Hans Schuijff

    (@hanswitteprins)

    @aweissinpsyde ,

    What activity where you expecting, when you just say you will investigate? There is no question there for me to answer to.

    Without any solution / change in the plugin, I cannot update to the latest version on this site, since my pages basically stop loading. As I understand it the activity was needed on your end.

    I understand this issue is not occurring on all sites, I have another one that does fine with the latest version, but there is a problem when I activate the versions I mentioned, that isn’t happening in earlier versions.

    Sinply stating there is no activity, when you didn’t ask for a response and marking it as solved, isn’t enough. This isn’t resolved. Should I enter it again?

    If you need anything on our end, you can ask for what you need. Uptil now I didn’t receive any request like that, as far as I know.

    regards,
    Hans

    Plugin Support Andreas W.

    (@aweissinpsyde)

    Hallo @hanswitteprins

    unsere Entwickler wusste diesbzgl. Bescheid. Es wurde hier keine Aktivität deinerseits erwartet. Wir schliessen Tickets nach 7 Tagen, um hier ein bessere Übersicht behalten zu können. Wir ich sehen, scheint sich die Ladezeit mit dem letzten Update verbessert zu haben.

    Wir arbeiten ständig weiter daran das Plugin performanter zu machen.

    Mit besten Grüssen
    Andreas

    PS: QueryMonitor als Referenz ist keine verlässliche Quelle, das dieses Plugin oftmals false/positive Ergebnisse auswirft.

    Thread Starter Hans Schuijff

    (@hanswitteprins)

    Hello @aweissinpsyde ,

    It seems solved now, and I know what was the problem and how to rule it out now. I understand how closing due to time works, but this problem made the plugin unusable, what is a BIG problem when it is your shops gateway.

    I don’t depend on QueryMonitor to test my loadtime, finding out that the page needed 4 times the pageload time was clear enough without it. We were getting user-responses that said the page didn’t work at all, something you don’t want to have happen in the checkout especially.

    13-20 seconds or more for a add to cart with version 5.8.2 is crazy long and basically blocks the checkout entirely.

    If I was the developer I now would take a good long look at my testing environment and why that quadrupling of the response-time wasn’t noticed before issuing this release. You cannot say performance is important and at the same time let such a thing go through to production.

    Perhaps you need a testing setup that also simulates servers that run far from where the server mollie is run and need more time to receive data from mollie.com. Or something that shouts problem when you again add something like this, adding a second to the users response time per icon for something more or less trivial as an icon.

    QM has been a very useful source in finding out what was causing the problem and in finding out if the solution worked.

    Thanks for solving it in the current version. It has been a long wait.

    Hans

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Exploding page loadtime as of version 5.8.2 and up’ is closed to new replies.