I’m just calling for some feedback.
1) I switched from sitemap that was produced by another plugin to WordPress SEO sitemaps produced by Yoast’s plugin.
2) On Google Webmaster, I made sure all of the sitemaps associated with Yoast’s sitemap_index.xml where there and Google was not returning errors. It is not (no index error, no sitemap error)
3) Now there’s a small clock beside my sitemap, meaning it’s pending indexation.
4) In the meantime, post I published very recently (less than 24 hours ago) do not show up on Google (not even with a very specific search).
So basically I was wondering how long it will take for the new sitemap to take over (to be fully indexed). What’s your experience?
And yes, the sitemap is excluded from my cache.
The old sitemap.xml was working just fine, but I can clearly see why Yoast’s sitemap is more elaborated and optimized. And I would be glad to use it.
- The topic ‘Experience from users when switching to Yoast sitemap’ is closed to new replies.