Hi guys. Tearing my hair out now. So, made the mistake of using All-in-One Event Calendar by Timely.
After experiencing massive cpu usage I found the fix that they had on this page limiting excessive crawls
That was back in WP version 3.6 and it worked. when 3.7 came out all the problems erupted again and then multiplied, as follows.
1. the fix now longer worked.
2. I uninstalled the plugin, but it left thousands of lines of code in the database, and the crawling continued.
3. I deleted every page or post that had anything to do with that calendar, and deleted every reference I could find to it in the database but the crawling continued.
4. Much of the crawl was from google, but much of it was from elsewhere. I blocked out google by discouraging search engines from indexing the site for a few days. The excessive crawling continued from many other places however.
5. I changed the directory in which WordPress resides in the hope that this would remove the site from the targeting of this crawl but to no avail.
I cannot understand why many spiders (lots from China IP 180.76.6.xxx etc) keep hitting my site, crawling pages like
ai1ec_event/sunday-service-munno-para/?instance_id=933 HTTP/1.1″ 403 917 “-“
These events have long been deleted from everything on the site.
6. So I used iQ Block Country plugin to block China, but I’m still getting those crawls from China plus others from elsewhere, mostly crawling relics from all-in-one event calendar that are no longer on the site.
7. HELP! … I think I’m at my wits end, and out of ideas. Can anyone else help me?
Site looks fine from the front end, just keep getting warnings from my host that I’ll be shut down if that cpu usage doesn’t go down.
So site is http://www.lifechurchsa.org.au/
Thanks in advance 🙂
- The topic ‘Excessive Spider crawl after using All-in-One Event Calendar’ is closed to new replies.