WP FullCalendar gives us a lot of options for styling our events calendar, but it doesn’t currently support recurring events, so I’d prefer to use the default calendar.
Has anyone seen great examples of Events Manager calendar styles to inspire us?
Thanks in advance,
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
When you’re using WP FullCalendar, The recurring events would also show on your Calendar. Please make sure that you have selected ” Events (event) – powered by Events Manager” under Dashboard > Settings > WP FullCalendar.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, ”Events (event) – powered by Events Manager” is the *only* thing I have selected under Dashboard > Settings > WP FullCalendar.
I have added only one recurring event for now in Events Manager, this is an instance of it and you can see that it (or any other instances) doesn’t appear in the calendar, but they do appear in the list beneath the calendar.
(Btw, before claiming that WP FullCalendar doesn’t support recurring events, I searched the forums and there are other people who asked about that, and I couldn’t find anything to disprove that claim.)
Here’s a demo page that shows that the Full Calendar is working with Recurring Events
There’s also a chance that it may be caused by some plugin/theme conflicts. Can you perhaps check the following?
1. Make sure you’re using the latest EM and EM Pro Version
2. Make sure your using PHP 7.1
3. To minimize possible plugin/theme conflict, Could you perhaps try and Install WP Safe Mode (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-safe-mode/)
– Activate and Enable Safe Mode. Please make sure that on the settings a twenty series theme is selected.
– When activated it would help you test as if the Website only plugin activated is EM and twentyseries theme
– After making sure that its working properly, You could start adding additional plugin on the list that is activated and test again until you see which plugin is causing the issue
Thanks for this. WP Safe Mode is really handy, happy to learn about that.
I have a staging version of my site, which is a clone from a few months ago. A recurring event I added there is appearing in WP Full Calendar.
Both my staging & production sites are on the latest EM versions and PHP 7.3.17.
On my production site, I enabled Safe Mode for myself following your instructions (2 plugins, 2020 theme).
The recurring event I have in place is still not appearing in Full Calendar BUT now I know why: there are too many events ahead of it each day, what with my Events limit set to 3. That’s in the Month view. If I change the limit (which I don’t want to), I can at least confirm that Full Calendar WILL display the recurring event.
So now I’m wondering if there’s a different issue here.
If I click on More… in the Month view to get to a specific day, such as https://jobmob.co.il/events/2020-05-21/, and then switch to the Day view for that day, I still only see 3 events and a More… link, when I was expecting to see the all the day’s events in Full Calendar. And, if I click the Day’s view’s More… link, the page simply refreshes (I was already on the page for a specific day), again showing only 3 events and a More… link.
How can I make Full Calendar display all the events of a given day in the Day view?
Clicking the “More” link of WP Full Calendar would load the events page and list the events for that specific Day. From your Website link, I thin it works correctly, However it became a little confusing because you have Calendar and Events List on same page.
Example flow is:
1. Go to: https://jobmob.co.il/events
2. You would notice that your list below the Calendar Displays all the Events.
3. Now click on Any “More” Link and it will direct you to a URL like: https://jobmob.co.il/events/2020-05-21/
4. Now if you check the List again below, It would show only the Events for that specific Day
As for Switching Weekly, Day View of Calendar. It will just switch the view but won’t show any additional events. Thus is your limit is 3 then it will just show you 3 events + More when you click on Day.
My recommendation to Avoid confusion above is to either:
A. Make a separate page for the Calendar and Events List
B. You override the Events page to always display the Calendar. To do this:
1. Events > Settings > Full Calendar Options > Override calendar on events page? = YES
2. Events > Settings > Pages > Events List/Archives > Display calendar in events page?
Thanks for taking the time to clearly explain all this.
Option B is the best fit for me. However, if a visitor prefers a list instead of a calendar, is there a way they can click through to the calendar day page even for a day that has fewer events than the limit ie. there’s no More link?
- The topic ‘Examples of beautiful calendar styles?’ is closed to new replies.