the tool tip does not display the location. I have tried with existing and creating a new venues with clearing the cache and using private mode browsers. Everything appears correct and I have followed the suggestions. I am using elementor for page building and have latest versions of this and other TEC plug ins. Thank you
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
Sorry to hear that you are having issues!
Couple of questions for you:
– Can you go into the event(s) in question and double check that a venue is selected?
– Are you using the new layouts for The Events Calendar?
– Have you made any code customizations to your site?
Yes venues are tied to every event
I am using a plugin called the events calendar pro shortcode and block pro to display the calendar, perhaps this is my issue?
no customizations other than using this plug in for extra shortcodes
I’ve got an update for you.
I went into a staging site of mine and did some testing with as close to what you are using as possible. The tooltip (with this plugin activated) worked as expected with the location name and street address being displayed. Below are the versions of what I had running.
The Events Calendar v5.1.1
The Events Calendar Pro v5.1.1
Display Event Location for The Events Calendar v3.2
It will be hard to diagnose your issue without having direct access.
Can you please make sure that WordPress is updated to a relatively recent version, and make sure that all of the above plugins are updated to their latest releases (should be the version numbers listed above).
Are you using a child theme to retain any customizations?
Hi Thank you for the quick reply, I am using all the same versions as you have listed except I am using a plug-in called The events calendar shortcode and block pro version 2.18 by event calendar newsletter so I can display a filter so people can filter by country, city and category. I could not seem to do this with the tribe events shortcode.
I do not have any child themes installed
Ah, that is probably it. To test this I will need your help.
Can you go into your site and create a blank test page, feel free to make it private if you don’t want other people seeing it.
On that test page paste in this shortcode:
The above shortcode came form this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/k/embedding-calendar-views-with-the-tribe_events-shortcode/
What it will do is pull in a month view of the calendar from the The Events Calendar plugin itself. Go ahead and view the front-end of the page and hover over an event and see if the location is within the tooltip as expected.
The way my plugin works is that it uses template overrides to add the additional information to the tooltip. While I can’t confirm this, the Events Calendar Shortcode and Block Pro probably does the same thing but it does not allow for additional template overrides like those in my plugin.
The Events Calendar does have a Filter Bar plugin that would allow you to have people filter by city, county, venue, price, etc. There is more information on that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-filterbar/. Using this would allow my plugin to function as intended.
thanks I do not see the tool tips I see a claendar with dots indicating there are events that day: https://golfeventlocator.com/elementor-2366/
Okay, that is progress! The dots mean that the calendar is using the mobile view of the calendar and not the full-width display.
We need to change the display template for The Events Calendar just for a moment to be able to get a full-sized calendar on that test page. To do this, hover over “Events” in the left-hand admin sidebar:
Events → Settings → Display and for events template choose Default Events Template
If the template is already set to Default Events Template, try changing it to one of the other two options, save the change and then go and view that test page again.
You also want to get this shortcode onto a page that is as full-width as possible without any sidebars.
Let me know how that goes.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Michael Weiner.
Hi Michael thank you very much for your help and prompt assistance.
The only options for events template are:
Default Page Template (current)
Elementor Canvas (still has mobile view)
Elementor Full Width (still has mobile view)
Page Builder Full Width (Neve) (still has mobile view)
Slider Revolutuion Full Width (still has mobile view)
I changed it back to Default since none made any difference and I did view each change in an incognito window.
My default stylesheet is set to Tribe events styles and changing it to skelton stylesheet made no difference either
Thanks for trying all of that! This is getting beyond the scope of my plugin, however I am inclined to say that there is some sort of conflict causing an issue.
I have gone into my staging site and tested Elementor (free version) with The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro and the calendar worked as expected.
The mobile calendar view should only be displayed when the screen’s width is less than ~800 pixels or so. Here is a link to learn more about that (it also has some of the steps I describe for you to try below): https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/k/calendar-displays-in-mobile-view-on-desktop-tablet-screen-sizes/
There are a couple more things to try:
– Please try deactivating The Events Shortcode Pro and my plugin so just The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro, and Elementor Pro are activated. Then go ahead and view the test page and see if the calendar is being displayed in full-width mode and not in the mobile view with dots. If that calendar is displaying the full-width version, then try activating my plugin to see if the tooltip is modified correctly, and then finally reactivate The Events Shortcode Pro to see if that is causing issues. I realize this might be an issue as your site is live. You could wait until later in the evening to try this to disrupt the fewest number of users possible.
– If you are using a caching plugin on your website, please go and disable that, for now, clear your browser’s cache and then try viewing our test page again.
– If you can access you functions.php file, please add this line of code:
add_filter( 'tribe_events_kill_responsive', '__return_true');
The line of code above will disable the mobile views for ALL calendar views and this will just allow us to determine if my plugin is modifying the tooltip correctly and then we can deal with the mobile view issue.
– If none of this works, I would also go and open a open a support ticket with both The Events Shortcode Pro and The Events Calendar Pro and show them this support thread in its entirety. Maybe if we can get a few heads together we can get this sorted out.
– Another option (if you are feeling adventurous) is to go in and disable ALL plugins besides Elementor and The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro. The Events Calendar support will want you to do this anyways. See if Elementor and The Events Calendar Pro work as expected by themselves. They try activating my plugin and see if all of them work as expected. Then disable my plugin and enable Events Shortcode Pro and see if they work together as expected. Then re-enable my plugin and see if all of those work together as expected. If they do, then start to reactivate the other plugins on the site. If they do not work together they we know there is some conflict causing issues.
Let me know!
I did some more testing with Elementor on my personal staging site and I CAN get the full month calendar to display correctly.
Do you have any custom CSS on your site that you added that might be affecting when the mobile view of the calendar is being used?
Hi Michael, thank you so much again. I disabled the shortcde and block pro plug in and it made no difference and I do not have any custom css applied anywhere on my site. I will email both the events calendar and the shortcode to see what they say.Since I plan on having hundreds of events listed I may forego the calendar month view altogether as I fear it will slow down the site and instead have links to filtered calendar listings for each state / province. I appreaciate all the time and effort you took in trying to resolve my issue.
Sounds good. I will leave this issue open for a few days for you to reposed with any updates from those guys. If I don’t hear anything in a week or so I will close this out, but feel free to open a new issue if something comes back up.
I plan to close this issue here in the next day or two. Do you have any updates on this issue from your end?
- The topic ‘Event location is not showing in tool tips’ is closed to new replies.