European Character Set Issue
I have a problem with European characters numerous blogs on one of my servers.
Existing blogs imported incorrectly display European characters. I have tried all the variety of fixes I could find here without success.
Further, a brand new WordPress 3.1.3 blog installed today for test purposes to try to isolate issues, behaves as follows.
1) European characters typed into the editor are deleted, no text placed after a deleted character is added.
2) European characters added using PHPMyAdmin are displayed correctly in blog pages.
3) European characters load into the editor correctly.
4) On update, the behaviour in 1) occurs.
5) It occurs with and without the visual editor enabled.
I have tried various wp-config settings for character sets and collations, none seem to help.
So while pre-existing blogs exhibit other problems, the only issue with a newly created blog comes when saving posts. Thoughts, suggestions.
- The topic ‘European Character Set Issue’ is closed to new replies.