In order to comply to the european privacy act, I am willing to only create a user account when the email address entered during the signup
process (public subscribers) has been verified.
WordPress however goes tips up when I try to use any plugin for this.
Does someone have a script that does this (or tell me how to write one as I am obviously too stupid to do it…)
– Email Address is taken from signup process
– Individual activation link is generated and sent out to that address
– User has ie. 14 days to hit that link or the account will be deleted automatically
– WordPress automatic welcome mail with password must only be sent out once the email address has been verified and the account was finally saved.
Now, how can that be done?
- The topic ‘EU privacy law / email verification / database timing’ is closed to new replies.