My template/blog will not allow me to upload a media/a YouTube video to my blog page. First. I go to add a new “blog post”, then I hit the “embed” button and before I can opt to select the YouTube option (like usual), I get the following code error.
wordpress Fatal error: Call to undefined function wpcf7_add_tag_generator() in /home/jeremycwilson/jeremycwilson.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/text.php
This has never happened before so I am hoping you can help. Also, I first tried this in version 3.32. Then I updated to 3.4 and the error still persisted. Here is my website URL. http://www.jeremycwilson.com/
Thank you in advance,
Temporarily disable the plugin ‘Contact Form 7’ and see if the issue goes away.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress.
re: Shane, Deactivating Contact form 7 did work. Except that now, I no longer have a contact form. Please do let me know if you have recommendations for a new contact form, or if you recommend that I just re-download the same one. Thanks!
re: ESMI, Switching theme is also another option I might consider once I have a bit more time.
Contact Form 7 is the plugin I would usually recommend. The plugin repository is probably the best place to start for finding an alternative.
I have CF7 running any multiple 3.4 sites without any issues. I suspect your problem lies elsewhere. Try deactivating all plugins except CF7 to see if this resolves the problem.
I can reproduce this problem on a clean install with no other plugins. The Contact Form 7 development version fixes it.
I have been struggling for 2 days now to embed a Youtube playlist as well as a mini editor.
I am able to use HTML code to get them on but the problem is the dimensions are all screwed up.
Youtube is too short (width fine) and therefore not user friendly.
Mini editor appears as a tiny thumbnail and when opened also too short.
(It appears the heights are cut in half).
I am not sure what to do, after reading forum after forum, trial and error and can still not find a fix.
Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!!
- The topic ‘Error when trying to embed videos’ is closed to new replies.