[Resolved] Error when importing database from live site to local
Hi, I have 3 questions regarding local dev with wp.
I have a live test site running (barely the 2013 theme with a couple of changes to test things out) and I installed wamp on my computer to be able to develop it offline. To do so,
– I copy the uploads, theme and plugins folders from my live to local
– export my live SQL database with phpMyAdmin
– create a database on my local server with wamp phpMyAdmin
– download and install the same wp version running on my live site (3.7.1), connect it to my newly created and empty database
– wp now fills the database on its own
– I then try to import my SQL database to my local site with the local phpMyAdmin
But each time I try to import a database, I get the following error:
By the look of it, it seems like it has something to do with the default comment (Hi this is a comment blablabla) but why would it create such error?? (1)
Also when wp creates tables in my local database, the type is InnoDB whereas my live site database is MyISAM. How come? (2)
Also bis, I was wondering if it was mandatory or recommended to reinstall wp each time I want to migrate a site from one location to another, even though there’s already a wp installation running in the destination folder? When I look at how the duplicator plugin is working, it seems to reinstall wp all the time. So what’s your routine? (3)
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Error when importing database from live site to local’ is closed to new replies.