Error uploading images and empty media library from Posts screen
Ever since the most recent update to wordpress 3.5.1 I’ve been receiving an error message anytime I try to upload media to the library. When uploading from a Post or Page I get the following message:
“Error Photo1.jpeg An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.”
When uploading directly to the media gallery there is no error message but the upload stalls and just says “crunching”.
It’s especially strange because all the images I try to upload and “fail” actually do show up in the media gallery. I can link to them directly using their URL but they do NOT show up in the media gallery (which appears as empty) for posts or pages. This also means I can not set featured images for my posts.
I have tried:
• searching forum posts for other people with this problem with no luck.
• deleted all unused plugins
• deactivated all plugins
• use both the ‘Select File” button and the Drag and Drop Feature
• Turning off “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders” under Settings> Media
I’m not a code expert by any means so if you have suggestions talk to me like I’m a 5 year old… well, like a freakishly smart 5 year old.
- The topic ‘Error uploading images and empty media library from Posts screen’ is closed to new replies.