Support » Plugin: Autoptimize » error solution

  • I just updated the plugin to 1.6.4 from 1.6.2, but it wasn’t able to get activated:

    Fatal error: Class ‘autoptimizeConfig’ not found in /home/…/public_html/…/wp-content/plugins/autoptimize/autoptimize.php on line 25

    and I omitted the line 25:

    // Initialize the cache at least once
    $conf = autoptimizeConfig::instance();

    then it happened:

    Fatal error: …/plugins/autoptimize/autoptimize.php on line 37

    and I deleted the line 37:

    // Do we gzip when caching?
    define(‘AUTOPTIMIZE_CACHE_NOGZIP’,(bool) $conf->get(‘autoptimize_cache_nogzip’));

    so it occurred:

    Fatal error: …/plugins/autoptimize/autoptimize.php on line 151

    surely I didn’t cleanse the line 151, because it was a call to CDN configuration; I DECIDED TO DOWNGRADE THE VERSION 😉

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author Frank Goossens


    pretty weird John …

    The first things autoptimize.php does (on line 14) is including classes/autoptimizeConfig.php which loads the autoptimizeConfig-class. A bit later (on line 25 indeed), the configuration is loaded by calling the instance-method of the autoptimizeConfig-class. Without an autoptimizeConfig object, there can be no working Autoptimize.

    Now, between 1.6.2 and 1.6.4 there was no change in the way autoptimize.php includes and instantiates autoptimizeConfig and classes/autoptimizeConfig.php did not change at all (I double-checked to make sure).

    The only thing I can think of (however unlikely) is a problem installing the update, with (part of) classes/autoptimizeConfig.php gone missing or unreadable or …

    If you’re up for it, I would love you to try to upgrade again (ideally disable and uninstall 1.6.2 first and only then install 1.6.4 from scratch). If the same problem occurs;
    * check if classes/autoptimizeConfig.php is there (and is readable by webserver/ php/ wordpress)
    * look at your php-error log or put WordPress in debug-mode and look at the output there.
    * If nothing relevant can be found that way, I would try to downgrade to 1.6.3 to see if the problem was already in there (allowing us to narrow down the problem)

    looking forward to finding & solving this nasty problem with your help 🙂

    Hi futta, I’m sorry, weirdos always happen to me. I’ve tested the plugin on a new installed WP and it works great + I checked your solutions, unfortunately none helped, also nothing found in error log except above lines. I think with plugin’s db tables drop it will start working, I’ll tell you the result as soon as possible.

    If there is no struggle, there is no progress – Frederick Douglass

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘error solution’ is closed to new replies.