WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] Error opening page ... after using WP Prefix Table Changer (6 posts)

  1. annehill
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I know, this is an issue I should take up with blogsecurity.net--well I have posted to their list twice and the response is that a new version may resolve the problem. Meanwhile, I'm posting here to see if anyone else has suggestions.

    I'm running wp 2.3.1, and after reading the blogsecurity whitepaper decided to run their prefix table changer plugin. It was not a success; there was a sql error--apparently it didn't have enough access to change the table prefixes. So I posted to their website, deactivated the plugin and decided to take my chances.

    Immediately after that, my blog started hanging when I accessed it, only completing 13 of 14 items. Looking at the activity log this is what it says:

    [URLs removed]

    Is this a hack completely unrelated to my using the prefix plugin? Is there some code I can alter in one of the wp files to undo this annoyance?

    Thanks.

  2. annehill
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Oh yeah, I just tried re-installing wp 2.3.1 in case one of the main files was altered in some way. There was no change to the problem.

  3. Nadreck
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I'm running into the same problem. It's also trying to contact cnzz.com. This is after upgrading to 2.3.2. It's also worth noting: my site has never seen the internet: it's still in design stages, so it's being run locally only.

  4. Nadreck
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Okay, looks like it's the code injection problem linked here, and I was just hit before I upgraded and didn't know. When I pulled the backups for offline testing, the injection came with me. Corrected now.

  5. annehill
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I upgraded to 2.3.2 and immediately the problem went away. I agree with you, it seems to be the code injection problem that you linked to. So I will mark this thread resolved, and refer people to the larger discussion.

  6. annehill
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    After reading all comments on the linked thread, I decided that maybe the issue was not resolved by upgrading to 2.3.2, but by the infected posts being more than 10 posts previous--in other words, they weren't being brought up when loading the main blog page. Sure enough, doing a search through monthly archives brought up one post from October and one from November which had the "traffic stats" code injected in them. Deleted the code, and all will hopefully be well.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic