Hi there. As a novice to WordPress, I’m hoping to get some help in intalling.
I have a 000webhost.com account
FTP Settings are as follows:
» Account Information
Password * hidden * (show)
Disk Usage 0 / 1500.0 MB
Bandwidth 100000 MB (100GB)
Home Root /home/a9788422
Server Name server23.000webhost.com
IP Address 220.127.116.11
Apache ver. 2.2.10 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.*
MySQL ver. 5.0.51-community
Activated On 2009-02-11 12:22
Using FileZilla, successfully linking with the following settings:
Server type: FTP
password: same as above
Took the following steps:
1. Downloaded WordPress 2.7 to my desktop
2. Unzipped to file named wordpress
3. Modified the wp-config.php file with the following:
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
/** The Database Collate type. Don’t change this if in doubt. */
4. Saved the changes
5. Started FileZilla
6. Located the WordPress folder with the modified wp-config.php file in the “LOCAL SITE” area of FileZilla and right clicked, selecting “UPLOAD”
7. FileZilla took a couple of minutes while the files were transferred, and completed showing a screen with no errors and no files on queue.
WordPress seems to be properly installed.
I then take the following action:
8. Open up Internet Explorer (version 7 running on Vista)
9. type in http://personaldestinytv.comli.com/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php
10. And receive the following error:
Error establishing a database connection. etc etc etc.
I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’ve followed a number of instructions and deleted the account and retried multiple times with no luck.
Funny thing is that I have another wordpress account on the same provider with no problems. Very odd – must be the forest for the trees.
I would appreciate suggestions for correcting.
- The topic ‘Error installing on 000webhost using Filezilla’ is closed to new replies.