I had WP running perfectly on my site, and I wasn't available for a few days. They got a new guy to work on the site, but he moved all of the contents of my /blog/ directory to the root path. Except he didn't know what he was doing and it ended up messing up the database.
I didn't have a copy of the old db so I figured I would start fresh, thus I deleted all of the wordpress files off of my server.
Now I created a new db/user etc and properly edited my config.
I upload wordpress with my FTP client, and it uploads fine.
When I go to the directory in my browser I get a "Error establishing a database connection".
I have never had a problem with WordPress before. I did some research on this error and it seems I'm not the first person to be experiencing it.
If anyone has a fix or solution, feel free to help out a friend :)
If you wish to see an example of the error, refer here: