Error establishing a database connection on changing hosts
I am changing from one url to another (actually both on megabyet but different urls). I follow these instructions from http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress.
Make a copy of your database. You will need to edit the .sql file, and in case of errors, it is important that you work on a copy.
Begin the process of working from copies of your backups.
1. If you have changed domain, edit the backed up database file to reflect this. A simple way to do this is:
1. Using a text editor, open a copy of the .sql database file.
2. Using the search and replace function, find all instances of the blog’s old URL and replace it with the new URL.
3. Repeat the process with your old email address. (For example, replacing firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com)
4. Save your changes.
2. Upload your plugins and themes from your old site to the new one.
3. Drop (delete) the database tables of the pre-installed Fantastico web.
4. Restore the database.
Now I get ‘Error establishing a database connection.’ I have edited wpconfig.php to make sure the data base names match and also password.
What might be the problem? Thanks gary
- The topic ‘Error establishing a database connection on changing hosts’ is closed to new replies.