WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Error after update to 2.9.2

Error after update to 2.9.2

  • I get this error on the top of my site after the update:
    “Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘relevanssi_getLimit’ was given in /home8/observe3/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 220”

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I have been getting this error too, but only in the WordPress dashboard. My site itself is refusing to load and visitors are greeted with an internal server error message. I have had to deactivate Relevanssi as a result. Any solutions?

    I’m having the same problem, has anybody found a solution?

    I am having the same problem! I hate having the error message on my site, so I just deactivated Relevanssi… I hope a real solution is found.

    Same here on a site that uses the following:
    theme:
    Inspire by Woothemes
    plugins:
    Add Link to Facebook Version 1.72
    Akismet Version 2.5.3
    CryptX Version 3.0
    Google XML Sitemaps Version 3.2.4
    Q and A Version 0.2.3
    Rich Text Widget Version 1.0.1
    Sub Pages widget
    W3 Total Cache Version 0.9.2.2
    Yoast Breadcrumbs Version 0.8.5

    Things are working fine on my other sites, some of which use Woothemes Framework. It may be a conflict with one of the other plugins…

    From what I can tell, it’s a conflict with the Add Link to Facebook plugin. Turn it off, no conflict.

    I don’t use that plug in – I use the AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget v2.1.3 and deactivating that does not fix the problem. Getting the error on the front page, plus one the dashboad as there are no draft posts.

    plugins active:
    AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget Version 2.1.3
    Akismet Version 2.5.3
    Attachment Extender Version 0.3.3
    File Gallery Version 1.6.5.4
    Flexo Archives Version 2.1.3
    Pre Date Future Post Version 1.3
    Relevanssi Version 2.9.2
    Snazzy Archives Version 1.6.1
    WordPress Importer Version 0.4

    I got rid of the error two ways:

    1. comment out the following line:

    add_filter('post_limits', 'relevanssi_getLimit');

    2. Leave the previous line as-is, but add back this function (taken from 2.9.1) that is no longer in 2.9.2:

    // This function is from Kenny Katzgrau
    function relevanssi_getLimit($limit) {
    	global $wpSearch_low;
    	global $wpSearch_high;
    
    	if(is_search()) {
    		$temp 			= str_replace("LIMIT", "", $limit);
    		$temp 			= explode(",", $temp);
    		$wpSearch_low 	= intval($temp[0]);
    		if ($wpSearch_high == 0) {
    			$wpSearch_high 	= intval($wpSearch_low + intval($temp[1]) - 1);
    		}
    	}
    
    	return $limit;
    }

    I haven’t decided which to go with for sure, but either one stops the error appearing (and fixes another problem I have with version 2.9.2 of the plugin).

    Getting the same error now just after a update! Got buddypress, Suffusion theme and a none of the plugins listed above.

    SpeedHunters – http://bit.ly/jDaMgj

    Going to have to disable, which is a crying shame!

    I just deleted the relevanssi folder and resinstalled the old version, 2.9.1, download it from here:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/download/

    That version works, so I’ll stick with it until a fix is released.

    thanks mike – simply uploading the relevanssi.php file from that zip did the trick for me. back to 2.9.1 but at least its working.

    Same problem on our site.

    We also just updated Network Publisher, so didn’t know if this was interfering. I took cm258’s suggestion and commented the getLimit line out.

    Thank you!

    Plugin Author Mikko Saari

    @msaari

    Sorry – version 2.9.2 had a bug. cm258 had it correct – commenting out the line that mentions relevanssi_getLimit() is the correct solution, and what the just-released 2.9.3 does.

    I removed the function as a part of the upgrade that allows you to change the posts_per_page value, but missed that one line. I wouldn’t have guessed that such a small little thing had such a heavy consequences… Sorry about that. In any case, upgrading to 2.9.3 will get rid of the bug now.

    Thank you!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Error after update to 2.9.2’ is closed to new replies.