Support » Plugin: Recipe Cards For Your Food Blog from Zip Recipes » Error 500 after update 5.0.8 to 5.0.9

  • Resolved Jos Klever

    (@josklever)


    Hi Rogier,

    The update took down a website, so I had to roll back to 5.0.8. It’s not the deactivation of the cacheDir in _inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php, so it must be the defining of constants in zip-recipes.php and my first guess is line 46.

    Thanks,
    Jos Klever

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author RogierLankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    Hi @josklever,

    I’m sorry you’re having problems with this update. Do you have an error log for me? I can’t reproduce the issue.

    Commenting out the cache line is the only change I made in 5.0.9.

    What PHP and WP version are you on? Then I can configure the site like your site.

    Rogier

    The customers hosting is kinda crappy and I haven’t been able to find an error log.

    The zip-recipes.php file has changed as well. See https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset?sfp_email=&sfph_mail=&reponame=&new=2071455%40zip-recipes%2Ftrunk%2Fzip-recipes.php&old=2070536%40zip-recipes%2Ftrunk%2Fzip-recipes.php&sfp_email=&sfph_mail=

    It’s WP 5.1.1 and PHP 7.0 (the host doesn’t want to upgrade, because of other customers with old sites)

    Oh, and to make it even “easier”. I don’t have a staging area, there are too many plugins on this website and I don’t have time to debug this issue… 😉

    Maybe someone else will get the same error with more information, or you recognize the issue after all. For the moment I’ll keep version 5.0.8 active.

    Plugin Author RogierLankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    I’ve tested with PHP 7.0 as well, still no issues there, so it doesn’t seem to be the PHP version either.

    You’re right about the version definition, I thought it was in 5.0.8 already. But I use this code to retrieve the version dynamically in several plugins, without issues, so it surprises me this is giving an issue.

    Right now I don’t have a clue as to what the problem could be, but if someone else runs into this same issue, please post the error logs and we’ll dig into this.

    Hi there,

    Same issue, client site displaying 500 server error after updating to v5.0.9, turning on WP_DEBUG shows the errors:

    Notice: Use of undefined constant ZRDN_PLUGIN_DIRECTORY – assumed ‘ZRDN_PLUGIN_DIRECTORY’ in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/60/42349860/html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php on line 12

    Warning: require_once(ZRDN_PLUGIN_DIRECTORYvendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/60/42349860/html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php on line 12

    Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘ZRDN_PLUGIN_DIRECTORYvendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/remi/php70/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php70/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas01_data01/60/42349860/html/wp-content/plugins/zip-recipes/_inc/class.ziprecipes.util.php on line 12

    Reverting to v5.0.8 works, please resolve the issue and push out an update?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Plugin Author RogierLankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    @josklever,

    I will roll back the version definition in line 46, as I agree this must be the cause. Although it’s strange: I can’t reproduce the issue, and haven’t had a change to debug it on a site where this issue occurs.

    Let me know if 5.0.10 resolves the problem!

    FYI v5.0.10 resolves the error, verified on the client site.

    Rob

    Plugin Author RogierLankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    Hi @josklever,

    I’ve just had confirmation from another user with the same issue that updating to 5.0.10 resolved the issue. So I expect this problem to be resolved now.

    Rogier

    Version 5.0.10 is working fine. Thanks!

    Plugin Author RogierLankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    @josklever great! Thanks for confirming.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Error 500 after update 5.0.8 to 5.0.9’ is closed to new replies.