Support » Plugin: qTranslate X » Erase Language Suffix in google

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I think Google has made changes in their search results, see also here Google Results showing /en instead of .com

    Look also on the results in

    But I have this since many years…..

    bing looks fine….

    The problem is in the hreflang tag from the plugin. DE is pointing directly to .de/de instead of leaving it as .de

    <link hreflang="de" href="" rel="alternate">
    <link hreflang="en" href="" rel="alternate">
    <link hreflang="x-default" href="" rel="alternate">

    If you find a way to edit the hreflang for DE to point directly to please let me know as I am having the same issue.

    Google must have decided to follow hreflang tags with their bots rather than just follow the default for languages that are specified in the hreflang’s.

    Plugin Author John Clause


    I am sorry for your trouble. We currently do not have resources to answer support questions for free and rely on the community to provide a possible solution, which seems to work well in many cases. Many thanks to our active community members who take a good time to answer people’s problems!

    Most of the problems should be resolvable with and

    We need to figure out a way to monetize the support and further development. We would highly appreciate if you take about 5 minutes of your time to respond to the survey linked here:

    Any ideas and additional input are also welcome, use the same thread linked above for everyone to see your thoughts.

    Thanks a lot!

    any update on this? How can I get rid of the /de/ in google search results?


    I was able to migrate my website from qTranslate-x to WPML and that got my google search results back to normal. Below is the post I had put on my own tread about this.

    If anyone ever finds a way to modify the Hreflang tags that are automatically created by the qTranslate-x plugin then you wont need to migrate, but I could not figure it out.

    “For anyone else who has this issue. The root cause has got to be the Hreflang tags generated by qTranslate-x. I have made a local copy of my site and used WPML and their qTranslate X Cleanup and WPML Import plugin to successfully migrate from qTranslate-x to WPML with minimal work required.

    Some page titles may also be lost and will just show the language that was there (en). Menus, Widgets, Posts, Pages and any other custom fields stored in WordPress may need to be fixed slightly for language tags or lost titles.

    I am waiting for my webhost to upload my site and switch it live by the end of the week. Ill report back if there are any issues with google not resolving to the new Hreflang tags. But I can already see that my website Hreflangs are now correctly pointing my primary language EN to instead of, sublanguages are pointed to”

    -and this worked.

    Hi, I migrated to wpml as well. Brilliant plugin, my google ranking is back and everything works fine. Language chooser much better, the whole concept is convincing. Forget qtransalate, it is over!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Erase Language Suffix in google’ is closed to new replies.