Enque WP Native Media Uploader for Featured Image
OK, trying to get this plugin to work correctly so my clients can use it for their sites, to simplify the confusion of the Admin backend.
A few important features needed:
1. The Tag field does not pull in the previous tags like the backend does. This causes users to create multiple tags that should be the same. ie: chevy & Chevy… Would really help if these can be pulled into the front, just like they are in the backend when creating a post.
2. The Upload Image for the featured image. This should enque the Native WordPress Media Uploader as well…. In most cases, the images needed are already in the media library, and why not cue it anyways? It’s much better than the default browser file uploader.
3. Login-Redirects. Currently, I have to add another plugin to create a more smooth transition for users who login by creating a custom user redirect to their dashboards.
4. Admin users should see all posts created by all users of the site.
5. The “Edit Profile” page does not feed in most of the WP 3.6 fields (google+ profile, Social Networks, etc..)
6. Need the option to disable the plugin for pages. Its ok to have that ability, but would be ideal to have a button to deactivate the plugin for editing pages. I am currently using Plugin Organizer to deactivate the WP User Frontend to stop bloggers from editing pages. I’ve also bumped down the user roles to hide the edit button, since I do need to have the edit button open the post in the WP User Frontend editor..
Besides that, this plugin is a great start. Hopefully looking for more perfecting the simple functions, and not so much for the post-payment features, although, its a great idea. If these features can be fixed, I will definitely buy the Developers license.
- The topic ‘Enque WP Native Media Uploader for Featured Image’ is closed to new replies.